A Low-Calorie Dinner For You And Your Family.
I love gnocchi. It is one of my favorite foods. However, being so high in carbs, I tried to stay away until I found the cauliflower alternative is amazing. Cauliflower never was my favorite vegetable, but it seems to be appearing everywhere even as rice and pizza crust, which even my kids love and has turned cauliflower into one of my go to vegetables.
I have compiled a like of Cauliflower Gnocchi Recipes for you.
Is Cauliflower Gnocchi Healthy?
According to the yahoo article, If You’re Addicted to Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi, Here’s What You Need to Know About How Healthy It Is, ” “Yes, cauliflower gnocchi can be a healthier choice because it uses a vegetable that’s less starchy than potatoes, says Jaclyn London, MS, RD, CDN, Nutrition Director at the Good Housekeeping Institute. “Non-starchy veggies are lower in carbs but often higher in fiber, which can help you stay fuller, longer,” she says.”
Homemade Cauliflower Gnocchi (From Pinch of Yum)
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen cauliflower florets (about 5 cup fresh works, too)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
146 Calories Per Serving
Cauliflower Gnocchi From Skinny Tastes
- 3 pounds cauliflower florets, 12 heaping cups from 2 medium heads
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour, or all purpose or gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- olive oil spray
- 2 cups marinara sauce, jarred or homemade
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping, optional
- basil, optional for serving
228 calories per serving
Cauliflower Gnocchi (Trader Joe’s Copycat!) from Simply Recipes
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (14 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 3/4 ounce, 78g) cassava flour
- 1/4 cup (1 1/4 ounce, 39g) potato starch
- Parmesan cheese (omit for vegan version)
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Fried sage leaves
What is Cassava Flower
According to the web md article Health Benefits Of Cassava Flour, it is a starch tuber that can be used to make gluten free meals.
Homemade Cauliflower Gnocchi from Will Cook For Smiles
- 3 lb head of cauliflower or 2.5 lbs of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4-1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/4-1/3 cup all-purpose flour for surface
189 Calories per Serving
Air Fryer Cauliflower Gnocch From Shuaggy’s Kitchen sink.
Do you have an Air Fryer? I do not, but they seem very popular these days and I hear of people making very fancy meals in them. This recipe shows how to make cauliflower gnocchi in an air fryer and on a stove top for those without. It is not from scratch, but these Trader Joes Cauliflower Gnocchi are pretty amazing.
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Cooking oil spray
97 calories per serving
The author of this blog recommends pairing with a homemade Vegan Basil Pesto which is 260 calories keeping this dish at a low calorie meal.
Keto Cauliflower Gnocchi from The Big Man’s World
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated, not packaged
- 6 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 cups shredded cheese mozzarella cheese
384 calories per serving
Roasted Cauliflower Gnocchi from Iowa Girl Eats
3 Ways to Cook Trader Joe’s Frozen Cauliflower Gnocchi (No Thawing Required) from the blog Iowa Girl Eats
This blogger shows how to pan fry, air fry and roast Trader Joe’s Gnochi. Here are the ingredients to the roasted cauliflower gnocch
New York Time Cauliflower Gnocchi
FOR THE GNOCCHI:
- ½ small head cauliflower (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium russet potato (about 8 ounces)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (about 4 ounces), plus more for dusting
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for greasing
FOR THE ASSEMBLY:
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Chopped chives, for garnish
402 Calories per serving
What Sauce Goes With Gnocchi?
I think pretty much whatever sauce you want to use will work. If you are looking to stay low in calorie, maybe a homemade marinara. However, I do no really know so I looked it up via google and the first search result I found was The 9 Best Sauces for Gnocchi from the blog Pasta Evangelists. Sauces listed below and directions to each sauce recipe are in the link. Enjoy!
- Sage and butter sauce.
- Tomato and basil sauce.
- Gnocchi alla Sorrentina.
- Parmigiano Reggiano and Sage Cream.
- Basil Pesto.
- Pistachio Pesto.
- Summer courgette and mint pesto.
- Beef and Barolo wine ragù
How Long Does Cauliflower Gnocchi Last In The Fridge?
According to Cauliflower Gnocchi from the blog SkinnyTastes, Cauliflower Gnocchi may last up to four days
I think cauliflower gnocchi would be amazing with some kale mixed in..
I looked up the The Top 8 Health Benefits of Cauliflower from Healthline and it looks like cauliflower is packed with nutrients, and has fiber, antioxidants, choline, sulforaphane, is a low carb option over grains and legumes, is easy to incorporate into your diet and may possibly aiding in weight loss but I am not sure if the health benefits of cauliflower gnocchi reduce when cooking this way
There are so many ways to use cauliflower and I look forward to exploring them.
Can I use frozen riced cauliflower?
According to the author of Pinch Of Yum, tes, use five cups frozen and boil. Drain through a fine mesh strainer.
How can I freeze the gnocchi?
Also according to the author of Pinch Of Yum, you should freeze the gnocchi before cooking. To freeze, spread gnocchi on a large baking sheet and place in the freezer. After the gnocchi is frozen, place into a ziplock bag to store. My freezer is not large enough for a large baking sheet or really any baking sheet. In that case or if you just prefer, coat the gnocchi with flower by placing it in a large bowl. Sprinkle with flour and gently shake then transfer to a large ziplock bag and lay flat in the freezer.
How do I cook the gnocchi from frozen?
You do not need to thaw frozen gnocchi before cooking. Follow the recipe from Pinch of Yum in the above link for cooking.
Contact me with addition recipes! I would love to hear from you.
1 thought on “Cauliflower Gnocchi Recipes”
Pingback: 1200 calorie meal plan | Week one