I love peanut butter … I could eat it everyday and in almost anything. I am always looking for healthy ways to incorporate it into my diet … otherwise, I might end up just eating straight out of the jar with a spoon. Today, I’m putting peanut butter into a smoothis. Here is the Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe I based mine off of … I picked this one because it had so many positive reviews. I am not going to lie, I was right, it’s pretty amazing. Plus, I have found smoothies are an excellent way to replenish the body after a tough workout or just to get the day started.
Here is what’s in mine … I have altered it slightly due to a few personal preferences:
- One banana (100 calories)
- Two tablespoons of peanut butter. I use Reduced Fat Skippy. It’s my favorite type of peanut butter (190 calories)
- One tablespoon of honey ( 60 calories)
- One cup of unsweetened Almond milk (30 calories). I don’t know a lot about Almond Milk other than it has fewer calories so I use it as a milk supplement. I am obsessed with the Vanilla Flavored, but not for this recipe.
- A sprinkle of Cinnamon … I don’t know where this came from, but it’s an awesome addition. I made a smoothie without the cinnamon once and it just wasn’t the same … I won’t do it again.
- Lots of ice.
TOTAL: 380 calories
Usually, I think because of all the ice, it makes two drinks … about 190 calories a drink! Plus, it keeps me feeling great after a workout or full all morning at work.
Even though I love this recipe, I did some more smoothie research for more ideas and the internet tells me that peanut butter smoothies are very common. Here is a list to Nine More Peanut Butter Smoothies from The Blendtec Blog.